The tallest, biggest, and mightiest are the things that impress people and also show the state’s mightiness.
From the older times, the bigger the thing the better. Many emperors made big things to spread the words that they were the greatest, most powerful, and wealthier.
This obsession with showing ourselves as bigger than the rest of the world originated in the development of large things. But they are more than just that, they are the reigns of the past, and mark an important time in history. They also work as tourist attractions, driving local administrative bodies’ revenue.
In this article, we tried to curate and list some of the tallest statues in the world and some stories behind them.
Here, statues signify free-standing sculptures representing real or mythological people or animals.
10 Tallest Statues in the World
The tallest statue in the World is the Statue of Unity located in the state of Gujrat, India, and has a total height of 182 meters. It is the statue of the popular political figure Sardar Patel known for unifying hundred of princely states into one union republic. Followed by the statue of Spring Temple Buddha located in China of 128 meter.
- Statue of Unity, India — 182 meters
- Spring Temple Buddha, China — 128 meters
- Laykyun Sekkya, Myanmar — 115.8 meters
- Statue of Belief, India — 107 meters
- Ushiky Daibutsu, Japan — 100 meters
- Sendai Daikannon, Japan — 100 meters
- Guishan Guanyin, China — 99 meters
- Great Buddha of Thailand, Thailand — 92 meters
- Dai Kannon of Kita no Miyako Park, Japan — 88 meters
- The Motherland Calls, Russia — 85 meters
10 Tallest Statues with Social, Historical, and Political Significance
These are the status of the people who played a significant role in history either socially or politically or symbolic monuments made in respect of people, tribes, or historical events.
- Statue of Unity, India
- The Motherland Calls, Russia
- Statue of Equality, India
- Motherland Monument, Ukraine
- Emperors Yan and Huang, China
- Guerrero Chimalli, Mexico
- African Renaissance Monument, Senegal
- Statue of Liberty, United States
- Ataturk Mask, Turkey
- Shinran Shonin, Japan
10 Tallest Religious Statues in the World
These are the status of the deities and gods. Most of the statues in this list are of God Buddha. The tallest statue of Buddha is located in China. The Spring Temple Buddha is the tallest statue of Buddha of 128 meters height.
- Spring Temple Buddha
- Laykyun Sekkya
- Ushiku Daibutsu
- Sendai Daikannon
- Guishan Guanyin
- Great Buddha of Thailand
- Dai Kannon of Kita no Miyako Park
- Mother of All Asia
- Awaji Kannon
- Statue of Gautama Buddha
10 Tallest Jesus Christ Statues in the World
These are the tallest statues of Jesus Christ in the world.
- Virgen del Socavon
- Jesus Buntu Burake
- Christ the King
- Cristo de la Concordia
- Cristo Rey (Christ the King)
- Christ of Vũng Tàu
- Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Christ Blessing
- Christ the Redeemer
- Santuário de Cristo Rei
10 Tallest Statues of Hindu Gods in the World
Majority of the Hindu gods and deities statues are located in India as India has the most Hinduism-practising people by population. Most of the tallest statues of Hindu gods in the world are of Lord Shiva, “The Destroyer”. He is one of the principal deities of Hinduism.
- Vishwas Swaroopam, Lord Shivas — Rajasthan, India
- Muthumalai Murugan Statue, Lord Murugan — Tamil Nadu, India
- Kailashnath Mahadev Statue, Lord Shiva — Kathmandu, Nepal
- Paritala Anjaneya Temple, Lord Hanuman — Andhra Pradesh, India
- Shiva of Murudeshwara, Lord Shiva — Karnataka, India
- Lord Shiva at Sursagar, Lord Shiva — Gujrat, India
- Adiyogi Shiva statue, Lord Shiva — Tamil Nadu, India
- Goddess Durga Idol, Goddess Durga — Mauritius
- Sankat Mochan Dham, Lord Hanuman — New Delhi, India
- Shri Hanuman Jakhu, Lord Hanuman — Himachal Pradesh, India